Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the USP of DPS- Amalapuram?
DPS – Amalapuram has been known for its excellence in education. It is a renowned CBSE school, committed to providing quality education with a holistic perspective for developing individualistic personalities.
2. How do I get information about admission procedure?
Kindly go through our school website for details regarding admissions. For further queries-Contact, our school office on 96031 84111 / 96031 84111 / 08856- 234212, Timings – 9.00 am – 4.00 pm.
3. What are the admission requirements?
Kindly visit our school website for details regarding admission requirements. Click here
4. What is the procedure for seeking admission?
Kindly refer to admission procedure on our school website for further details. Click here
5. What is the precise time to begin admission procedure for the forthcoming academic session?
- Pre – Primary Admissions for the forthcoming academic session are advertised in all the leading newspapers in the month of October/November.
- Admissions to Class I – IX – in the month of December. (subject to vacancy)
- Admission to Class XI –After class X pre-board examination
- Admissions to Class X & XII – are done as per specific criteria laid down by CBSE.
6. What is the age criteria for admission to Preschool?
Kindly refer to age criteria on our school website for further details. Click here
7. Is there any possibility of relaxation in the age criteria?
We abide by CBSE as well as the State Government norms for the age criteria hence it is not possible to accommodate age relaxation.
8. Does the school have reserved quota for transferable cases?
We have vacancy based admissions. We prioritize and try our best to accommodate the students of transfer cases.
9. Do we consider RTE based admission?
Yes, we do admit RTE based admissions as per government norms and directives.
10. What is the fee structure?
Kindly visit our school website for fee-related details.
11. Do we have the online transfer facility for the payment of fees?
Yes, online fee payment facility is available. Please visit our school website for more details.
13. What is the student-teacher ratio in the Pre-Primary & Primary Section?
The student-teacher ratio is 24: 1
We have adequate floating teachers and maids to assist in Pre-Primary section and activity teachers to assist in the Primary section.
14. What is the minimum qualification for teachers?
We recruit highly qualified and experienced teachers as per the CBSE norms.
15. What is the procedure followed after the child is promoted from Satellite Campus to Bopal Campus in Class- I?
The students are promoted automatically to Class-1 in Bopal Campus. No further procedure is required.
16. Does the school cater to children with special needs?
School provides extra care and remedial classes for children with special needs. We also have in-house Counsellors and Learning Lab facility to cater to individual needs.
17. What kind of syllabus does the school follow?
We follow a broad and balanced curriculum to provide holistic education, with a special focus on enhancing each child’s knowledge, skills and attitude for future global education.
18. How many languages are taught in the school?
English & Hindi are mandatory languages till Class VIII. From Class V to VIII students have the option to choose any one 3rd language from —–.
20. What are the co-curricular activities offered in the school?
The school offers a wide range of age-specific activities for the holistic development of the students. Kindly refer to activities on our school website.
21. Do the school students participate in co-curricular activities on the State or National level?
Yes, our school has made a mark in terms of academics and co-curricular activities at State / National and International level.
22. What facilities are available in the school?
DPS Amalapuram has an excellent infrastructure catering to state-of-the-art amenities on a beautiful 11-acre campus. We are a leading-edge in technology and have 100 % interactive smart classes (from Jr. KG- Class XII). Besides a multitude of facilities, the school has a voluminous library, science park, well -equipped labs, multi-purpose auditorium, amphitheatre and also boasts of a skating rink of international standard.
23. How are the students assessed and evaluated?
The system of evaluation is as per the guidelines of CBSE.
24. Do you have canteen facilities?
Students are required to bring healthy nutritious food from home. But we have paid in-house canteen facility available for class 6th onwards students.
25. Does the school have an AC in classrooms?
We do not have air-conditioned classrooms, but we have well-lit ventilated Classrooms and Air-conditioned well designed Audio Visual room.
26. Do you have daycare facility for children of working mothers?
No, we don’t have daycare facility.
27. Does the school have adequate medical facilities?
The school has a well-equipped state-of-the-art infirmary with a full-time lady doctor and two nurses for expert medical care and advice. A general dental, eye & health check-up is conducted annually for the students.
28. How are parents informed about the progress of their ward?
Parents are informed regularly about their ward’s progress through the school Almanac. Half-yearly and annual progress reports are also made available online. Besides this, the parents can also meet the teachers with a prior appointment to find the progress of their ward.
29. What is the PTM schedule?
1st and 3rd Saturday is open for PTM with prior appointment and we also have half-yearly and annual PTM schedule.
30. Do parents have the opportunity to actively participate and involve in school-based activities?
Yes, the school designs a lot of activities, which includes parents’ involvement.